Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Daily Free and VIP Picks from MLB & Soccer - Also NFL from September 05th, NHL from October 11th - Hottest Sports News - Free Sport Picks from other cappers

Fulham land Lukaku on a season-long loan

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Fulham land Lukaku on a season-long loan Empty
PostSubject: Fulham land Lukaku on a season-long loan   Fulham land Lukaku on a season-long loan Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 10:34 pm

Fulham land Lukaku on a season-long loan Lukaku10

Chelsea striker Romelu Lukaku will join Fulham on a season-long loan next season, The Sun reports.

Lukaku has started both of Chelsea’s matches at the 2012 World Football Challenge, netting two goals.

The Belgian forward was out-of-favour for the majority of last season, starting just four games in all competitions for the Blues.

The 19-year-old revealed that he wants regular first-team football following his two-goal performance against the Seattle Sounders at the 2012 World Football Challenge.

“If I can stay here at Chelsea and be part of the starting XI and score a lot of goals for the club and make the team win, that’s good for me and for the club as well,” Lukaku told Sky Sports News.

“But if I can go on loan and play in another team and score goals and then come back and explode it will be good as well. I just keep my feet grounded and work hard each day and then after the tour we will see what will happen.”

Fulham have already lost their second top scorer Pavel Pogrebnyak to Premier League newcomers Reading this summer, while talisman Clint Dempsey’s exit Craven Cottage seems to be a foregone conclusion.

The Cottagers were in desperate need of a front-man, while Lukaku was in need of playing-time. In summation, the loan makes perfect sense for both parties involved.
Back to top Go down
https://protips.forumsr.com

Fulham land Lukaku on a season-long loan
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Daily Picks :: Soccer-
Jump to: