Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Daily Free and VIP Picks from MLB & Soccer - Also NFL from September 05th, NHL from October 11th - Hottest Sports News - Free Sport Picks from other cappers

Elia completes Werder Bremen move

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Elia completes Werder Bremen move Empty
PostSubject: Elia completes Werder Bremen move   Elia completes Werder Bremen move Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 3:34 pm

Eljero Elia has left Juventus for Werder Bremen in a deal worth 5.5 million euros, the two clubs have confirmed.

The 25-year-old Dutchman has struggled to make an impact in Antonio Conte’s first team since moving to Turin from Hamburg last year, and had long been linked with a return to the Bundesliga.

“I actually had several offers from England and from the Bundesliga,” Elia told Bremen’s website. “However, I settled on Werder because I have very good feelings here.

“Werder are an offensive team and that will suit me. The Bundesliga is one of the strongest leagues and I’m looking forward to the season.

“The teams are more attacking here and my strengths will be better suited. It was difficult in Italy, where the teams are very concerned about a stable defence.”

Bremen confirmed over the weekend that Elia had successfully undergone medical checks, but the transfer was put on hold due to a contractual issue with Juve.

However, Juve and the player have now come to an agreement, and Elia has moved to the Weserstadion in a deal that will be paid over a two-year period.

ADO Den Haag, Elia’s first club, will receive around 300,000 euros for their part in nurturing the Netherlands international’s talent.

Source: http://www.soccernews.com
Back to top Go down
https://protips.forumsr.com

Elia completes Werder Bremen move
Page 1 of 1